Monday 6 June 2016

First Day of 6 Months Training

I am typing this blog entry at 12:00 AM. So by the time this will be finished I would already have entered day two of my training technically speaking, which is what I am supposed to do in this blog. Anyhow, 6 June 2016, the  day I started my six months training as part of my Bachelors of Engineering. 

I am taking my training from Testing and Consultancy Cell, GNDEC, Ludhiana; under the mentor ship of Dr. H S Rai. To state the obvious, I am very excited about this. There are a great many things to do and more importantly a great many things to learn. 


Now coming to the point, what did I do today? Well firstly, today was kind of like an after thought. I almost had to postpone my joining day. I say this because otherwise the accounts of my work on the first day will render some understandable criticism and skeptic disappointment. I was able to carve only a couple of hours today during which I started learning about Flex and Bison. (Why? Well more on that in later posts as well)


These are tools for lexical analysis as well as semantic parsing. I have only started reading into them. More detailed blogs about them are sure to follow. They are interesting, very interesting indeed. 
Oh, I almost forgot. I did manage to install both flex and bison on my laptop in the Ubuntu operating system. It's pretty simple:

Fire up the terminal and type in the following commands:

sudo apt-get install flex 
To install flex, and
sudo apt-get install bison
To install bison.  

No comments:

Post a Comment