Wednesday 14 December 2016

Testing picture taking scripts on Pi

Raspberry Pi has a pretty cute way of integrating a camera into it. The command to do this is called raspi-still. My task for today was to test a script that took pictures continuously and uploaded them to a web server. The script was ready but it had some bugs as it was not working as expected. I could not tell what the bug is as I was encountering such things for the first time. But after searching on the Internet about how each command written in the script worked, I came to form a decent understanding of how the script worked. This put me in a position change the script around and find the bug. And so I did.
I had to add some commands in order to make the script fool proof. The script worked like a charm after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment