Thursday 1 December 2016

Turning pi into a server from a mobile dongle

Remember how I spent a whole day trying to make pi a publicly accessible web server driven by a belkin router? It turns out that is not what was required. This was bad cause I spent (wasted) a whole day on this and had become emotionally attached to the whole idea (not really). But in light of the fact that I failed in this and had no single array of hope, this was a blessing in disguise. The new mission was to achieve a web server but through a mobile dongle. It sounded tough but at least I hadn't failed at this yet.
Following the famous method I use to complete any task, I opened google.com and searched exactly what I wanted. Followed along all the hints and leads to reach to the conclusion that what I was trying to achieve is possible only if the hardware I was using the sim company I was subscribing would allow it. None of them did. Simply put it is impossible to host a server on a dongle running a Sim card. There is this thing called NAT to blame for it. Read about it, it is not that bad actually. 

No comments:

Post a Comment